DOG LOVES HIKING? NO SPARE TIME?
LET THE TRAIL HIKING EXPERTS DO THE DIRTY WORK FOR YOU!
We are proud to offer the Central Bark nature hike service. Currently, we are leading hikes on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Dog transportation is provided by the Central Bark Dog Shuttle. This modern, custom designed cargo van is outfitted with secure kennels for safe transport to and from Portland's many beautiful nature trails. Features of our hiking service include:
- Group dog hikes on leash (up to 4 dogs of similar energy level), in local parks and forests originating from your home, office, or either Central Bark location (pickup/dropoff location must be within 4 miles of either store or extra charges may apply).
- Cost is $25 for one hour on the trail, no charge for drive time if you live within 4 miles of either Central Bark location. Second and third dog from the same household is $20 per dog.
- Pickup will be between 8:30am-4pm, depending on the number of hikes we are doing that day. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling requests whenever possible, however we appreciate your flexibility as there are a lot of variables which can result in delays or early arrivals.
- We can pick up your dogs at your home without you present. You will provide us with your consent, and instructions to gain access to your home or yard, and we will take care of the rest.
- Quick post hike wipe-downs are included on wet and muddy days, and baths and full-service grooming appointments are available at an additional cost.
- Dog shuttle drivers and hike leaders are all fully insured and trusted Central Bark employees, who have clean driving records and have proven themselves to be completely trustworthy and responsible.
- Common destinations: Tryon Creek State Park, Forest Park, Washington Park, Hoyt Arboretum, Council Crest, the Marquam Trail, Marshall Park, and the Willamette River waterfront.
- View pictures of your dogs on the trail by following our Central Bark Hikes (@centralbarkhikes) instagram page! We post pictures of every dog hiked, every day.
- Payment for dog hikes are due the day of service, unless your dog is boarding with us at Central Bark. Drivers are equipped to accept credit and debit cards, or you can call into one of our locations to pay over the phone. Sorry, our drivers cannot accept cash payments.
- Regular customers will be asked to sign up for auto-pay, which allows us to securely store credit card information and charge you after the hike is completed. No signature or phone calls required after the initial setup.
- All dogs must be wearing a quick-release collar with current identification tags.
- All dogs must be on a leash when going to and from the Dog Shuttle.
- All dogs must be in good health, and must be current on the following vaccines: Distemper/Parvo, Bordatella, and Rabies. Proof of vaccines is required.
- Reservations are required. Due to complicated scheduling and planning, If you cancel your hike with less than 24 hours notice, you will still be charged for the hike.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to dogs we deem unfit for trail hiking for any reason.