DOG LOVES HIKING? NO SPARE TIME?
LET THE TRAIL HIKING EXPERTS DO THE DIRTY WORK FOR YOU!
We are proud to offer the Central Bark nature hike service. We offer hikes Monday through Saturday. Dog transportation is provided by the Central Bark Dog Shuttle. This modern, custom designed cargo van is outfitted with secure kennels for safe transport to and from Portland's many beautiful nature trails. Features of our hiking service include:
- Group dog hikes on leash (up to 4 dogs of similar energy level), in local parks and forests originating from your home, office, or either Central Bark location.
- Cost is between $25-33 for the first dog depending on pickup location. See hiking rate page for details. Additional dogs from the same family receive a discount.
- Pickup will be between 8:30am-4:30pm. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling requests whenever possible, however our hiking schedule is set the day before based on route efficiency, so your flexibility on time is necessary and greatly appreciated. We can call or text you with a better ETA on the day of your hike.
- We can pick up your dogs at your home without you present. You will provide us with your consent, and instructions to gain access to your home or yard, and we will take care of the rest.
- Quick post hike wipe-downs are included on wet and muddy days, and baths and full-service grooming appointments are available at an additional cost.
- Dog shuttle drivers and hike leaders are all fully insured and trusted Central Bark employees, who have clean driving records and have proven themselves to be completely trustworthy and responsible.
- Common destinations: Tryon Creek State Park, Forest Park, Washington Park, Hoyt Arboretum, Council Crest, the Marquam Trail, Marshall Park, and the Willamette River waterfront.
- View pictures of your dogs on the trail by following our Central Bark Hikes (@centralbarkhikes) instagram page! We post pictures of every dog hiked, every day.
- Payment for dog hikes are due the day of service, unless your dog is boarding with us at Central Bark. Drivers are equipped to accept credit, debit cards and personal checks for your first hike. Unfortunately our drivers cannot accept cash payments.
- After your initial hike, all customers will be required to sign up for auto-pay, which allows us to securely store credit card information and charge you after each hike is completed. No signature or phone calls are required after the initial setup, you will be billed automatically.
- All dogs must be wearing a quick-release collar with current identification tags.
- All dogs must be on a leash when going to and from the Dog Shuttle.
- All dogs must be in good health, and must be current on the following vaccines: Distemper/Parvo, Bordatella, and Rabies. Proof of vaccines is required.
- Reservations are required. Due to complicated scheduling and planning, If you cancel your hike with less than 24 hours notice, you will still be charged for the hike.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to dogs we deem unfit for trail hiking for any reason.