DOG LOVES HIKING? NO SPARE TIME?
LET THE TRAIL HIKING EXPERTS DO THE DIRTY WORK FOR YOU!
We are proud to offer the Central Bark dog hiking service. Dog transportation is provided by the Central Bark Dog Shuttle. Our modern, custom designed van is outfitted with climate control and secure kennels for safe transport to and from Portland's many beautiful nature trails. Features of our hiking service include:
- Group dog hikes on leash (up to 4 dogs of similar energy level), in local parks and forests originating from your home, office, or either Central Bark location.
- Cost is between $25-33 for the first dog depending on pickup location. See hiking rate page for details and available discounts.
- Hikes available: Monday-Saturday.
- Pickup will be between 8:30am-4:30pm. We will do our best to accommodate your scheduling requests whenever possible, however your flexibility on time is greatly appreciated.
- We can pick up your dogs at your home without you present. You will provide us with your consent, and instructions to gain access to your home or yard, and we will take care of the rest.
- Quick post hike wipe-downs are included on wet and muddy days. Baths and full service grooming appointments are available at an additional cost.
- Dog shuttle drivers and hike leaders are all fully insured and trusted Central Bark employees, who have clean criminal and driving records.
- View pictures of your dogs on the trail by following our Central Bark Hikes (@centralbarkhikes) instagram page. We post pictures of every dog hiked, every day!
- Payment for dog hikes are due on the day of service, unless your dog is boarding with us at Central Bark. Our drivers can accept personal checks, cash or credit card payment for the first hike.
- For subsequent hikes, we ask that you sign up for auto-pay, which enables us to store your credit card information securely and charge you after each hike.
- All dogs must be wearing a quick-release collar with current identification tags.
- Proof of vaccines is required. We require: Distemper/Parvo, Bordatella, and Rabies.
- We do allow unaltered dogs to join us on hikes, as long as being in tact doesn't affect their behavior in "difficult" ways. Females in heat are not allowed.
- Reservations are required. Due to complicated scheduling and planning, If you cancel your hike with less than 24 hours notice, you will still be charged for the hike.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to dogs we deem unfit for trail hiking for any reason.